Lots of people have been asking me about the new reservation system for the San Juan Islands. This blog is intended to help spread information, but I think it’s also appropriate to give some tips to help us all adapt to the new system.
- The reservation system is not going away. WSF has invested several years and millions of dollars in making this system—they are not in a position to abandon it.
- Be patient. There WILL be glitches and screwups. Reservations for the San Juan Islands routes are very complicated and it will take time to work out the kinks and bugs.
- Give constructive feedback. Whining and complaining won’t make anything work better, and will just make everyone grumpy.
- Chill out. Change is hard, but getting angry won’t make things go any more smoothly.
- Be nice to the ferry employees! It is going to be a tough summer for them as well as for us.
Bonus Karma tip:
- Help a friend. If you know someone who could use some help signing up for an account, or making a reservation, lend a hand.
Thank you to everyone who is working hard to make the reservation system a success.
Vehicle Reservations Call Center: Statewide: 1-888-808-7977; Out of State: 206-464-6400; Hours: 4:00am until 8:30pm, 7 days a week
Contact info for WSF: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/infodesk/contact.htm
Customer Feedback form: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Ferries/InfoDesk/CustomerFeedback/