The following bulletin was released today by WSF.
SEATTLE – Seasonal service adjustments and the start of vehicle reservations to the San Juan Islands usher in the 2015 Washington State Ferries winter sailing schedule beginning Sunday, Dec. 28.
New for 2015, customers will be able to book online vehicle reservations for travel to and from the San Juan Islands. Customers also may book a reservation by calling (888) 808-7977 from 4 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., seven days a week.
Saving a spot in advance makes travel easier and more predictable. Reservations also help make the best use of our ferries by spreading demand from peak travel times to less crowded sailings. For more information and to learn how to make a reservation, please visit our Save A Spot website.
Highlights of the 2015 winter sailing schedule (pdf 2 mb), in effect through March 21, include:
Anacortes/Sidney, British Columbia
- As with previous winters, service to Sidney, BC is suspended.
Anacortes/San Juan Islands
- Vehicle reservations for travel on or after Jan. 5, are available online or by calling 1-888-808-7977.
- As with previous winters, three vessels will operate on weekends. Four vessels will remain in service on weekdays.
- An additional Friday 2:35 p.m. sailing from Anacortes will serve Orcas Island.
- The Friday 4:50 p.m. sailing from Anacortes will only stop at Friday Harbor.