WSF predicts heavy traffic here in the San Juan Islands over the Memorial Day weekend. Here is a bulletin posted earlier today on the WSF website, describing eak travel times and schedule changes to accommodate additional traffic:
Anacortes/San Juan Islands – Memorial Day Schedule – Update
Customers are advised to plan for heavy traffic and long wait times during the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
- For Thursday, May 24, expect higher than normal traffic volumes westbound from 2 p.m. through the remainder of the service day.
- For Friday, May 25, expect high traffic volumes from early morning, with the heaviest traffic expected in the afternoon and evening. On Friday WSF will provide an extra sailing from Anacortes to Orcas at 2:05 p.m.
- High volumes are expected on Saturday, May 26, from 8:30 a.m. through the 4:30 p.m. sailing.
- For Sunday May 27, and Monday May 28, the 2:15pm from Friday Harbor and the 3:05pm from Lopez will sail to Anacortes.
- For Monday May 28, expect very heavy traffic returning from the islands throughout the day. On Monday WSF will provide an extra sailing from Orcas to Anacortes at 3:15 p.m.
Stay on top of holiday travel by visiting the WSF site.