In order to maintain a civil and productive atmosphere for discussion, the San Juan Islands Ferry Group has formalized our Terms of Conduct for commenting on this website’s posts. The full Terms of Conduct may also be downloaded here.
SJI Ferry Group Discussion Terms of Conduct
We invite everyone to take an active part in the discussion and post comments to our articles at any time. You may criticize and add new knowledge about a particular topic. Objective, intelligent, and well-written comments are appreciated.
In order to maintain a civil and productive atmosphere for discussion, please be aware that all comments are moderated and are subject to the following Terms of Conduct.
We reserve the right to remove any comments that violate the following Terms:
- Commenters are responsible for what they write.
- No profanity will be tolerated; that includes words that are “creatively” spelled, or implied with “***” or “—-” to supply the missing letters.
- Comments that are abusive, mean-spirited, racist, homophobic, sexist, threatening, or hateful will be removed. Ad hominem arguments—attacking people rather than their ideas or opinions—generally fall within the categories mentioned above and will probably be deleted.
- Comments should be on-topic. Commenters should strive to add value to the discussion. Ranting, complaining, and grousing generally do not add to the discussion.
- No advertising or spam.
- Commenters are welcome to post anonymously or under an assumed name. However, commenters are encouraged to use their real names as a way of helping to maintain a civil discourse. This website supports the use of Gravatar profiles.
Commenters who violate the above terms of conduct may be banned from commenting.
Created: February 5, 2011